If you have suffered a candida overgrowth and treated it successfully, only for it return again some time later, you are not alone! Unfortunately, many people have gone through several rounds of prescription medicines for yeast infections, yet still experience chronic symptoms of an overgrowth of candida just a few short months afterwards. What to do?
Aside from looking into the root cause of the problem, we are taking a look at effective ways to treat candida from the inside. First, let’s check out what candida actually is and why it’s in our body in the first place…
What is candida?
Candida albicans is an opportunist fungus that is naturally found among the microflora of organisms that live in our body. It is also a fast-growing pathogen that can quickly overtake the good bacteria in the right circumstances, such as when the immune system is compromised.
This is often why many people find they have reoccurring infections, because candida albicans are already living in our body, waiting for the chance to attack.
Symptoms of candida overgrowth
How do you know if you have an overgrowth of candida? Symptoms usually appear either in the mouth, stomach or vagina as these are the places that candida usually reside. It can also appear in moist folds of the skin. The most common symptoms of candida overgrowth are oral thrush, yeast infection, digestive issues. Some lesser-known symptoms are sinus infections and joint pain. This is because candida can affect many parts of our body and can even enter the blood stream causing inflammation.
When some of these lesser-known symptoms occur, many people many not automatically know to look for candida treatment as they can be linked with so many other conditions. And for those suffering from chronic candida overgrowth, trying all kinds of candida treatments to try and keep the symptoms at bay can be a frustrating battle.
Before we look at candida treatments that actually work, let’s look into the causes to try to prevent it from reoccurring…
Causes of candida overgrowth
There are many causes of yeast infections, thrush and general overgrowth of candida albicans. Since they are an organism that naturally occurs in our body, all it takes it a small change for the candida to take the opportunity to overgrow.
These are some of the most common causes of candida overgrowth:
- Antibiotics – Since antibiotics kill the bacteria in your body, this gives other types of organisms like fungi a chance to flourish. This is why many people suffer from thrush or yeast infections after a course of antibiotics.
- Diabetes – Candida feed off glucose, so those that suffer with irregular blood sugar may be more susceptible to an overgrowth of candida.
- Low immune system – When our immune system is weakened, it provides the perfect opportunity for candida to grow out of control. Also if you are recovering from an operation or illness, or you are taking certain medications that lower the immune system, this increases the risk of yeast infections.
- Diet – Since sugar is candida’s favourite food, eating a diet rich in processed sugars and carbohydrates may be contributing to chronic candida overgrowth. Furthermore, candida can even send signals to the brain for you to crave more sugar, making it grow even faster in your body! Alcohol also increases the risk of disrupting the balance, making a candid overgrowth more likely.
- Lifestyle – You may not imagine that your lifestyle has much to do with yeast infections, but actually it plays a big part. For example if you feel stressed for long periods fo tiem you are more likely to develop an overgrowth of candida. This is because stress lowers our immune system. Same goes for sleep. If your lifestyle means that you don’t sleep enough, this could be contributing to those uncomfortable symptoms.
Holistic candida treatment
What are the best ways to treat chronic candida overgrowth?
Well as they say, the best treatment is prevention. But if you are already suffering from regularly occurring bouts of thrush or yeast infection, know that there are effective natural solutions available. Let’s look at them now…
There are many many options out there for candida overgrowth, from prescription medication to home made remedies. However, treating the symptoms without treating the true cause is what provokes many of us to suffer with reoccurring infections.
This starts with lifestyle. If you know you are not getting enough sleep or often feel too stressed, make it priority to address those things that could potentially cause many other health problems. Giving yourself the time to relax and unwind is not selfish or a waste of time, but crucial for mental and physical health.
When the cause of candida overgrowth is due to taking the medication you need, or living with diabetes, know that there are natural solutions to tackle the fungal growth effectively and keep symptoms at bay.
One of the most popular and most effective treatments for candida overgrowth is olive leaf extract. As a natural antifungal, olive leaf extract instantly gets to work in the body to control candida and stop it reoccurring.
How does olive leaf extract work for candida overgrowth?
Olive leaf’s healing power for fungal, viral and bacterial infections comes from a natural compound called oleuropein. There is a plethora of scientific research and studies to show how oleuropein works so effectively as a candida treatment. This is because olive leaf extract is a natural biofilm disruptor, inhibiting the growth of pathogens.
Furthermore, olive leaf extract has also been proven to help strengthen the immune system and reduce inflammation. So it’s a triple whammy against candida! However, not all olive leaf extract is the same. It comes in several forms and is extracted in several ways.
The best way to extract olive leaf extract is without damaging any of the natural compounds that give its medicinal benefits like our patented formula. Taken as an oral supplement, the olive leaf extract will inhibit the overgrowth of candida without the side effects of many prescription candida treatments.
Always go for a trusted brand of olive leaf extract as a powerful treatment for chronic candida so you know you are only getting high quality, all-natural ingredients.